Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Rain Event and Squeaky Clean

I just had to document this proof!

I am well aware this is my second post devoted solely to rain.  That’s how big of a deal this is. Austin, Texas finally gets more than a Sprinkle Storm.  Today we are getting treated to the good stuff.

To show you just how big of a deal this rain event is, let me share a story about my car.  My car, a green Ford Explorer, is very, very lucky to get to live in a carport now that he’s moved to Texas.  Even at my parent’s house, he had to stay outside in the driveway, exposed to all sorts of sun, heat, rain, hail, thunder, night and day.   Now that he and I are on our own, his standard of living has risen quite substantially. 

However, he has been in dire need of a good washing.  Especially, the back bumper and window that stick out from the carport’s cover and is exposed to the nearby tree’s sap drippings.  Mix in wind and dust and dirt, and this guy is hurting for a ‘WASH ME’. 

After going outside for a run this morning, I can tell it has the potential for rain.  Like any good mamma, my thoughts are always on how best to care for my chillins.  So, I grab keys when I get back to my apartment and move my car to the side street.  Conditioned now to the typical Texas ‘Sprinkle storm’, where rain is a few drops that barely get the ground wet, I even make sure not to park under or near any trees: this could limit the exposure to those precious rain drops. 

A few hours later and we have a real soaker on our hands.  We even get the lightening and thunder that usually come with thunderstorms.  It gets me pretty excited.  Even having to get wet going to class is exciting.  I check up on the Explorer when I get back and I’m one happy mamma:  he's squeaky clean and is lookin’ mighty fine J So clean you can see your reflection in the window now!!...  



Squeaky Clean



1 comment:

  1. Lol... Want me to bring some rain this weekend like last time? We're having a tornado warning right now.

    ReplyDelete