Friday, November 4, 2011

Migas. Simple Style

Since being in Austin, I've had the pleasure of trying migas.  My first encounter was ordering them at Kerby Lane Cafe, and I've been hooked ever since.  In addition to being tex-mex, Spanish style migas can be quite different.  All the versions I've encountered in Austin have been the tex-mex style and generally consist of scrambled eggs, tortilla chips mixed in, cheese, tomatos, and onions.  Having a huge craving and a lot of eggs that needed to be eaten, I came up with my own version.

Migas: Simple Style

Grind some fresh pepper and salt into skillet along with a dab of olive oil.  Heat and scramble two eggs (that have been beaten and a little bit of milk added).   Put some grated cheddar cheese and some broken up tortilla chips (I used whole grain Tostitos) in a bowl.  When the eggs are down cooking, immediately add them to the bowl and stir with the cheese and chips.  Add some pico de gallo for a fresh taste.  Enjoy!! 

If you want to get a little more fancy, this recipe from Texascooking.com looks great.

No comments:

Post a Comment