Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Rain Clouds?

We all have moods.  This is a subject that some, including myself, are more qualified to relate to than others, but none-the-less, let's face it.  To some degree, we all have some days that are better than others.  

So, it struck me by surprise when I realized that my environment had not had a mood swing since I've been here.  I live in Austin, TX.  And in Austin, TX, it hardly ever rains.  In fact, I've seen it rain once in the past month.  And that rainstorm was so wimpy that the ground hardly got wet due to evaporation of the precipitation before it hit the ground.  In the shade, there was evidence to damp concrete.  In the sun, no chance.  Every day is pretty much sunny.  It's really almost like the paradise weather you'd find on a beach, with the exception of  20-30 degrees added to it.  The lack of weather changes has actually been starting to get to me.  I've had several up and down days myself and gosh darn it, I want the weather to reflect that in some way.  

But today felt different.  There was a breeze in the air and the sky had a dark blue to it... the fancy clothes magazines would probably call it 'Steel'.  It's definitely still very hot, but the air has the energy feel to it that usually means it's about to storm.   Yayyyy :D  From my laptop, the weather report quotes a 30% chance of t-storms.  Yayyy :D  Even with the 30%, I get hopeful.   Because believe me, this is one mood swing that I, and the rest of the state of Texas, am definitely ready for.

Video shot from the IF route bus stop on Speedway at 7pm on 9/27

1 comment:

  1. Well... how about we set the next rain day to be... 2 weeks and 3 days from now? :)

    ReplyDelete