Monday, September 12, 2011

Austin Pictures

At the request of  Mary Elizabeth, I'm posting some pictures of around town and my new place.   Mary Elizabeth was my roomy back in Greenville, SC when we both interned at Fluor.  We had a hella good time after work hiking mountains and jogging trails downtown.  And one thing about Mary Elizabeth that's worth remembering.  She knows how to shoot a gun, and she just got her licensee.  Imma listen to this girl :P  .. Enjoy:)
View of the State Capital from the Tower Lawn.  Looking South towards downtown from the heart of UT's campus.
The Tower - the most iconic building on campus.  Lights up orange at night when there is cause to celebrate after athletic events, etc.

View of Sunset from South Congress Bridge.  Looking West (for thoroughness).  At this snapshot in time, there were thousands of bats flying east from underneath the South Congress Bridge.

They say you should never forget where you come from.  My response: a mini shrine :P  At the prime time spot is my awesome Ramblin Wreck model from my awesome Uncle Phil.  The two flags attached to the car are pretty fragile.  If ever a small fix is needed, white out does a surprisingly great job at holding things together :P
LivingRoom!  The more I use it, the more I appreciate the airy windows, large space, and 'hardwood' floors.  Rachel's table in the middle of the room holds everything together.
WorkStation.  My window to the world... my NatGeo map and my laptop.  And... all my papers in organize chaos.  Currently, I'm trying the manilla folder system to keep my life organized.  It's working out so far...   
A picture of my peeps!  A collection of my favorite pictures and frames from over the years.  And, relevant knick knacks like the shells from Flordia (pic of Western FL beach), the baseball from the Greenville Drive game (pic of Mary Elizabeth and I hiking on Paris Mountain in Greenville, SC), and the pinecone and chopsticks from China.
My new bed - So fancy it's gotta a pilla' on top.  Translation: deep fitting sheets needed - no biggie.  It's nice, but I still don't complain when I'm tucked away in a bag on the ground camping (or swinging in my tent hammock :)






2 comments: