Tuesday, July 5, 2011

Europe Bound

Leaving for Paris tomorrow!   The last couple of days have been full of traveling already.

Friday saw me spending the last night with GL and packing.   I'll miss that amazing Lady forever!  Your stories and knowledge and company over the last 7 weeks have really rocked my world.   I've seen your passion to always continue discovering and learning.    I hope your 'window to the world' never gets dull :P   And, of course, to never let anything at all stop you from having an adventure of your own :)

Saturday was an 8 hr drive to Atlanta.  I got my fix of really awesome amazing fireworks at the Stone Mountain laser show.  What a sight!  They were debuting the new 3D - like imaging (way cool in addition to the traditional laser images).  Our luck continued with finding the perfect seats amongst the thousands of people there on the lawn in front of the 'rock'.  The weather was perfect, my favorite company around me, and some delicious fresh baked goods (w/extra protein ;P) from The Bakeshop.  Marilyn and L, the most interesting slumber party in a long while :P  (Creme!!!!)

Sunday I got to see Mom and Dad and Amanda!!!  And Bruce and Abby.  Our beagles apparently continue to be spoiled.  They now have a perch in the house and makes them feel like more of the fam.  Maybe one day I'll be home long enough to take my babe on a walk!  She is so patient.    We have a belated bday dinner of sorts at our mexican restaurant and then I start tearin' up my packing list.  So much to do, so little time!!  3 ounces of this, 8 pairs of this, 2 pairs of shoes, list of addresses, itunes playlists, goggles, camera and charger stuff, yadyy yadyy yadyy.... This morning, I am proud of what comes out of my packing chaos.  I've overtaken the upstairs foyer and you can hardly see the carpet.  I don't want to be generous with my pairs of shoes or +/- anything.  I want exactly what I need.  In the end, I have 13 lbs of gear in a 5 lb backpack = 18 lbs.  Max weight on flight from HK to ATL = 40 lbs for carry-on, leaving me @ 22 lbs capacity.  I'll take it!  I'm happy, too, with the packing strategy.  I think my many hours of playing Gameboy Tetras as a kid are starting to pay off :)  Clothes have been rolled and put in gallon ziploc baggies.  They fit like slender blocks down in my pack and keep their shape nicely.  This also lets me make sure the heaviest things are on the bottom of my bag.  Toiletries and liquids are in smaller bags.  My backpack is pulled tight, and screams compression, efficiency, and big European souvenir capacity :DDD

Monday night and ATL is raining.  Kind of fitting, as it makes me want to run inside.  After supper with friends, a little bit is spent finalizing inter-city flights and accommodations in China.  I'll leave the country tomorrow at peace that pretty much all of our reservations are in order, and that train tickets will be taken care of when reservations open at a week before departures.

I am excited!    I'm going to come back with a totally new perspective to consider and to view the world with.  With these new experiences ahead of me, I feel so much potential to learn and grow.   I have SUch such wonderful people around me.  Celine, Luke, and Lawrence, as well as all the family and friends we're staying with, I'm so grateful for your generosity and the opportunity to travel and adventure with you.

Relaxed due to our preparation, Relieved that everything has gone smoothly so far and that we're all healthy, and Ready for the Real adventure to begin :D

till my next post from a European computer (!!)
xoxo hlh

PS - If you want to follow:  Link to Europe Itinerary

2 comments:

  1. Mmmm. Something is missing.... AH! - Color!
    Boy I can't wait to have some pictures to share!!
    Post soon! England will be first

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oui! :D Interesting weekend. Have a happy and safe trip!

    ReplyDelete