Monday, August 29, 2011

Headboard Wobble Meet Picture Frame Velcro


The headboard framing my bed is floating in limbo between the wall and my bed.  Like most people, I like to sit propped against my pillows while reading/working on my computer.  Every time I plopped on my bed or even gently rested against the pillows, the headboard would travel the 1" gap from free standstill and smack against the back wall.  Nothing critical, but nothing pleasant.  Several days of cringing after this happened warranted taking things into my own hands.



 
The Pile
  Enter:  The massive pile of picture frame velcro strips, courtesy of my mom upon moving into the new apartment.  I have enough of this stuff   to hang the whole Louvre up!  Well, maybe a whole corridor, or part of one.  The Louvre has 'rooms' larger than a football field, like this:  

The Louvre



The picture frame velcro strips prevent things from moving... which is exactly what I wanted to do with the headboard.  So, all I did was put two strips in a discrete location to hold the headboard to the back wall, and vola!  No more cringing as I sink into my fluffy pillows.  Problem solved - till the velcro fails... and I dip into picture framing velcro bag once again.  

2 comments:

  1. Hi Heather! It's Allison from the plane-ride over. How was your vacation?? I just got back a couple days ago and taking my time to settle back in. I'll check out the rest of your posts soon, and btw those muffins in the post below look really good... I may have to make muffins soon.. :) Are you on facebook? I couldn't remember if you are or not

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my gosh!!!!! My jaw dropped when I saw this!! You found me!! How was your trip? So I guess you found the lady you were meeting? How was life in a convent? And the people, oh, and then your week in Paris?? Glad you made it back ok :) Have fun adjusting to the 'real' world again. I know I can not wait to go back abroad! The travel bug has bitten and I think I'm infected for life! :P I am on FB! And I have a picture of you I can tag. Would be best to search by my email: hhill3615@gmail.com

    I'm so glad you found me and that napkin that I wrote my blog on survived the trip!! :) Can't wait to hear from you! :)

    ReplyDelete