Tuesday, November 27, 2012

SWITCH

The SWITCH Energy Project is the "groundbreaking film, video and education program – uniting diverse audiences in a shared understanding of energy and promoting efficiency" spearheaded by a UT Austin Geology professor, Dr. Scott Tinker.  For 10 years, he went around the world (to 11 countries to be exact) to answer one simple question:  What does our energy future look like?


Screening at universities across the US, I was lucky enough to attend the Nov. 7th screening here at UT Austin.  After watching the trailer for the documentary, I knew I was in for a treat.  And .... it was AWESOME!!!  If you aren't close to a screening in your area, the SWITCH website is FULL of short educational films that were not included in the final documentary - I'd highly encourage you to watch them!!

After the screening, Dr. Scott Tinker, the mastermind behind this project, answered questions from the film and about the future of energy.  I've been hearing a lot about Prezi, a communication tool that is quickly gaining popularity.  So, I finally decided to give it a spin.  Check out the Prezi presentation I put together based on my notes from the film and Q&A with Dr. Tinker.

Enjoy! 

No comments:

Post a Comment