Sunday, January 29, 2012

A Journey Through China

Writing, compiling, and editing this memoir proved to be a journey in and of itself.  Initially started as a photo book for friends, an attempt to recreate this journey meant research and adding lots of memories, travel notes, and selections from posts on Virgin Eyes.  The result of all this hard work is a:

132 page book
with

234 photos
and

over 8,500 words.

There are several links of interest:

A 15 page preview of A Journey Through China
(Updated 2/29/12: I have changed the preview permissions.  If you're a friend of Luke, Lawrence, or me, send me an email and I'll send a blurb.com book preview invitation to you!)



What have I learned?
Through this process, I've gained a tremendous amount of respect for any type of creation.  Taking an idea and turning it into a quality presentation that you can hold in your hands does not happen overnight.  In fact, it takes many, many overnights.  

Where to go from here?
  • Copies will/have been ordered for several friends and family members.  
  • There is the possibility of turning it into e-reader format for iBooks, which would be viewable on iTouch, iPad, and iPhone.  I'm going to hold off on this for now unless there's an overwhelming interest in the e-reader version.

If you have any interest in creating a similar book, I'd be happy to share tips and ideas I've accumulated throughout this process.  While it can be a lot of work, it's hugely rewarding in the end!


2 comments:

  1. I know!! Me Either!!!! Lol I have seriously been dreaming of holding it in my hands for like 3 months.

    ReplyDelete